Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and have recently bought a 99 Kangoo 1.9D. Since I've had it I haven't been able to lock the doors other than using the interior button which locks/unlocks all doors when inside at the same time and the key only locks each individual door.
I changed the battery on the key and noticed that the micro switch had broken off, I had this repaired and I attempted the re sync process, held the interior button for five seconds and the doors locked then unlocked, the red light stayed on constantly and I pressed the button on the key. The doors locked and unlocked as soon as I pressed the button, so it is making a connection with it but after the red light goes out I'm back to square one again with it not connecting. The van has a CAT II alarm (dont think it was factory fitted) which has another led drilled into the dash, the siren has gaffa tape over it which tells me they've had a problem with it in the past, i think it must be disconnected, does anyone know if this could be the problem or is it something else? Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts