Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone advises please. Due to an issue with the ignition I cannot turn the key. The car battery was flat. Put it on a jump and managed to get power enough for the key fob to activate. Opened and closed the van. Tried to start it! It went to position 1 then would not go further. Tried to turn it back but would not go to key out position
Managed to take the key out but steering lock is not activated

looks like it needs a new lock and barrel

what do I need to buy? A whole new unit asseen on e bay with all the wires in two push type connections. Is it easy to replac. Or, does anyone know of a mobile service that will do this for me.
Sandy

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,707 Posts
You are in the London area are you not ? should be not shortage of mobile locksmiths in your area..

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,291 Posts
Depending of year of kangaroo here..
Later ones Not sure of the change over year ( mk 2 ) these are different

If you can buy one of tbay then go for it

only issue you will have, you need to get the key in, and at position one..
Early ones are straight forward, later ones not so
there is a post on here by @flying clutchman , as he changed his one on the later one..
Try the search feature you could be lucky

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,707 Posts
Depending of year of kangaroo here..
Later ones Not sure of the change over year ( mk 2 ) these are different

If you can buy one of tbay then go for it

only issue you will have, you need to get the key in, and at position one..
Early ones are straight forward, later ones not so
there is a post on here by @flying clutchman , as he changed his one on the later one..
Try the search feature you could be lucky
OP never gave any info with regards year ect and not even a link to the ebay part so all I could do was refer him to a locksmith..and if members dont give us as much info as possible then posts will not be answered..hoping any prospective members reading this will see our point..🙂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts