Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some problems a while back with light blue smoke on start up a while back so i change the advance solenoid. then just recently the van ran rough for a very short period of time and then started running well again now it seems to be rough generally between part middle and high throttle idle is not to bad. now ive cleaned the tdc sensor (ive got a rev guage and this was working fine). I have noticed the pipe between the priming bulb and fuel filter gets full of air on a few occassion i have pumped the bulb and it seemed to help the running but then on another occasion it made no difference. i cant see much in the way of air running the hp pump (lucas mech part electric not epic) but i have a suspicion there might be some in the housing. i tried running it with the needle lift sensor and the tdc sensor disconnected and it did seem to run a bit better with some high rev knock though. it seems to have run differently every time i start it. and the smoke is generally light blue (not oil as it is not using any) but some times grey or whitish. there is never any trouble starting it other than the roughness. i am suspucious of the 'new' solenoid bought from flag diesel. any ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i think ive got to the bottom of the problem looks like it was the primer bulb if any one is getting air in between the primer and fuel filter it might be worth considering a new primer bulb

·
Registered
17 Posts
hiya
were having similar problems and have been told its all different kind of things, we are now looking at changing injectors as this is the latest thing we have been told to do. Apparently the primer bulb was changed before we bought the car in January but its not done it any good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts