Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All...

I have a kangoo 1.9dci, About 3 months ago had the EGR valve changed, it was running lumpy and that was about it, no loss of power or other problems. Had it done at a main dealer as the light was showing on the dash.

No problems for a couple of months.

Now it starts fine. But when its warmed up (although a sometimes even when cold) it idles like a pig.

No loss of power, puff of whiteish smoke when I accelerate and back to lumpy idle when i stop.

Could it be the timing or should I get the EGR looked at again.

Or could it be the injectors a bit clogged.

Hope it isnt the IP ...

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Marky

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
hi m8:) it could be your egr valve again there famous for cloging up, you can clean it with some carb cleaner and see how it goes. another comon one is the tdc sensor, but usually cause bad starting.
also when was it last seviced?

if your woried about the pump, lift the cap off the fuel filter then remove the filter and shine a torch into the diesel which is left behind in the housing, if you see lots of metal filings in there then the pump may be showing sings of wear, this will clog up fuel lines and injectors ect.
this is usually caused by poor fuels from the super markets, which offer cheap diesel and has very low lubraction in it. its realy false econamy m8, and i wont youse it even if im running out lol

hope this has helped and good luck alex:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alex.

I will try the EGR clean, where would the EGR valve be in relation to the engine. I know it sounds kinda thick but I havent done engines for years and then only petrols.

Have no problem doing it just gotta find it.

Also, when its cold it takes 10+ turns to start, could this be an issue.

Mark

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
hi m8, the egr valve sits on the right hand side of the engine, its a cyilinder shape with a triangulare flange which bolts onto the inlet manifold whith 3 13 mm bolts(me thinks:eek: )

as to the starting it mabe the glow plugs/electrical and maybe unrelated to the other fault, but on the other hand it could be a leak,or a contaminated fuel ect. i had this a few weeks ago whith one of black and lizars kangoos and it was the pump, it was worn and contaminating the fule lines ect(filings)

also as mentiond the tdc sensor can also cause this, it sits on top of the gearbox bell housing flush with the engine, this can also be cleaned, its a magnet an you usually find that it can become covered in filings of the clutch ect.

hope this has helped alex:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi did u get ure prob solved im having simular probs with the pump, i changed a relay as it wudnt start up, it wasnt letting the desiel through, i think its the trip switch, any way i can by pass it
many thanks bri

1 - 6 of 6 Posts