Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all 2 issues I can really do with some advice. Firstly when driving my kangoo van the doors open and lock .
The alarm for the doors goes off and on
Secondly rough idle on tick over computer said injector had that done no joy then I had the glow plugs changed no joy still jumpy idle any idea guys 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hello all 2 issues I can really do with some advice. Firstly when driving my kangoo van the doors open and lock .
The alarm for the doors goes off and on
Secondly rough idle on tick over computer said injector had that done no joy then I had the glow plugs changed no joy still jumpy idle any idea guys 馃憤it鈥檚 a 2011 plate 15dci

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
It鈥檚 a clicking of the doors unlocking and locking themselves and the light on the dash flashes to all doors open

Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
Check battery connections are tight .. if Yes get battery tested , as @spacecadet mentioned, a duff battery will give a sh1te tick over, as all the power has been used to start the beast , and nothing left in reserve

Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
computer said injector had that done no joy
A low battery or bad connection will produce no end of codes but they'll be red herrings.
I expect it goes like this. Low voltage causes an injector to misbehave, but the scanner sees only the misbehaviour. So, it must be a faulty injector, right? Wrong.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks guys il definitely get the battery checked out . Hopefully it is the battery. Will post and let u all know once again thanks a lot

Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2011........ if it's the original battery, change it anyway. If it's not your problem this time it will be eventually. I reckon even 5 years is really pushing it on a Renault.

Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
Open drivers door, see the hinges, you will see a multi plug just above bottom hinge..
Disconnect the battery, disconnect the multi plug, spray some WD40 inside, reconnect , reconnect the battery and see if its that..

Opening and closing of door locks, it's either Battery, Bad earth, chassis earth will also cause this, all the wires coming from the NEGATIVE terminal on the battery going to the body ( Chassis earths) broken wire ,,, bad door solenoid .

But as there is more than 1 door, narrowing down what (if ) door it is, not so easy..
especially as its only happening whilst driving ...

Try front multi plug test, if not cured, go onto all other doors multi plugs ( Drivers door is usually the fault area, its used the most ..)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts