·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just about every one i know has had a cough since xmas

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,417 Posts
just the sneezes and coughing, can't seem to shift it, and sick of having a high temperature ..
Apart from that ok
If you have a cough /sneezing PLUS a high temp then you are under the category of should be tested..call 111 ..give the info and they will tell you to go to a virus testing place..usually a caravan or similar..nurse will come to your car and take a swab when you wind the window down..its not just you at risk but your family and the customers you see day in day out..you know it makes sense..DO IT!! DO IT NOW!!!

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,043 Posts
Brother is self isolating as I write this, so wont be out tomorrow..but he's become a tart since he's retired ,any ailment now he's at the Docs, he's worked out his private pension will last till he's 90, and he's determined to reach that age like tuck he will

I have never felt so well, but could be as caught up with work, .and pressure is off ..
dont do pressure very well now

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,876 Posts
If you have a cough /sneezing PLUS a high temp then you are under the category of should be tested..call 111 ..give the info and they will tell you to go to a virus testing place..usually a caravan or similar..nurse will come to your car and take a swab when you wind the window down..its not just you at risk but your family and the customers you see day in day out..you know it makes sense..DO IT!! DO IT NOW!!!
This isn’t that stuff that Stan Collymore was into is it?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,043 Posts
I really am fine Phil and my reply was a joke..
Not now, or anytime in the near future going to any Docs, Or a Hospital them places are full of Viruses ..

·
Premium Member
8,608 Posts
Hi gals & guys, just popping in to check up on you.
Hope you're OK & keeping up with WHO recommendations. You know, washing your hands, sanitizing phones, social distancing etc.

I'm OK, caught a little cold - no fever though. Self isolating from next weekend, might start even earlier if the office orders working from home. Longing after my kid, who's at the in-laws at the moment and shall stay there till the end of March probably.

And yes, nice to see that some things don't change, like OurKid's sense of humour.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,213 Posts
Watcha Funky.
"Orders" over here is any sort of cold to self isolate, TBH from what I am seeing, clear your throat and you can clear the surrounding area of people with ease.
Just stay safe mate though you are at an age where reports suggest you ain't got a lot to worry on apart from feeling ill for a few days.

Social distancing... last week myself and 'Er Indoors were in Birmingham, had to get in a lift.....doors opened and three Chinese guys got out.... we got in.
Huddled in the corner was a rather large coloured lady, you could see her visibly relax and expand once the China guys had gone, we had to laugh, all three of us.

TBH, you rely on the media and we're all going to die.
Saw yesterday that Wales (population about 3.2million) is planning for 20K deaths.
That is scary.
But China (Pop 1.4B plus) only has managed 3000 plus deaths out of a reported 80K confirmed cases.
So what the hell are Wales basing their estimate on?

·
Premium Member
8,608 Posts
Thanks for caring, that's really nice of you!
I know that most of The Regulars are in higher risk groups than me, glad someone started this thread.

Wouldn't trust the stats, the Chinese were already caught suppressing info on CoV.
Also, their methods are draconian, the Welsh wouldn't like to follow the rules.

I'm a bit concerned about Batty & his family, daycare after all.

1 - 20 of 377 Posts