Independent Renault Forums banner

301 - 314 of 314 Posts

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,004 Posts
My problem with the "Plan" is that I don't understand wtf the fuss that the media is making is all about.
To me it is simply the bones of how we (the country) will return to normality and some small steps.
But of course, the media, opposition politicians, Unions and Snowflakes want it spelt out in great graphic detail so they can rip it to shreds while not offering anything better.
The likes of Piers Morgan moaning last night on Twitter that he could see thousands of strangers in parks but could not visit his family but when he found out this morning that it was acceptable to meet your parents in a park with social distancing promptly screamed that millions would misinterpret and infect their parents.
WTF has happened to old fashioned virtues like applying some common sense and acting sensibly?

As for the fuss about Stay Alert...had that discussion with 'ErIndoors this morning....
"How do you stay alert for something like a virus you cannot see?"
"It's staying alert to the dangers!"
It's accepting that the virus is out there and acting sensibly....like if there is a mass of people in a shop, leave or better still, don't go in.... like not having family reunions, like not joining in with the idiots who want to fill the parks or streets with mass gatherings.

Ain't defending Boris or the mess that the government has made over some parts but FFS, we could have had CorBlimey and Abbot in power and then where would we be.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
I'm with you - we want to be treated like responsible adults, but then we query every single thing about the conditions of lockdown and demand defined instructions!! And the press are the worst - can't watch any of it without shouting at the TV!!

Still, from Wednesday you guys 'south of the border' can get out for a drive - here in Scotland (and in Wales and Northern Ireland too, I think) we are still confined to home unless exercising or shopping locally!! Where's is the trust? Where is the national approach?.... and I mean a United Kingdom approach!!

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
no matter who is in charge they will be dammed if they do and dammed if they dont , i have been watching the world results every day , the uk is nowhere near as low as others(new cases /deaths ) that are only just easing the lockdown , so time to stock up again ready in 2 weeks time when they say sorry boys and girls you all need a slap on the wrist and locked down again , just remember summer holidays you have to book 5 weeks off . you fly to x, first 2 weeks is isolation then the weeks hols , then fly home to 2 weeks isolation , i smell a baby boom on its way ;)

·
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
so are you all out at the beach sunbathing for the next 2 days :devilish: , whats next oh i agree the clapping thing is fading out time to call a halt on that one, lets hope they dont have to deal with a 2nd wave . what i still would like to know is did half the population have to stay in lock down for no reason

·
9,429 Posts
Last night in the supermarket car park there was a group of around 6-8 cars with the occupants playing football and just sitting out on the bonnets and taking whatever happy drug is in vogue nowadays jusdging by the number of discarded gas cartridges laying around. Seems lockdown no longer applies to under 21's.
Also recently we learnt of someone in my neighbouring village who has died from covid and she was only forty something and the last person with no apparent health issues that you would expect to succumb to this virus.
It really brings it home that we are still far from being safe anywhere even in the countryside. It is not over yet.
:eek:

·
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
agree in one sense its only just begun , guy next door thinks it has nothing to do with him so lets party since last week , be interesting to see the news mon eve, how the coast roads are holding up. the only reason for the driving distance was extended is to start getting some of the money back from the petrol duty, i dont trust the figures they give out on road use any more , in the last 3 weeks i have seen it rise 10 fold or more , you notice alot more when out on a bike or walking

·
9,429 Posts
The simple solution for the seaside towns is just to close the coast road to all parking and also to close all in-town car parks/multi-storeys. That would leave the seafront for the locals to enjoy as they'd be in walking distance or have residence permits parking and the out-of-towners would have to park miles further out if they are venturing on a seaside day out. It would make people think twice before starting their journeys and stick closer to home.

301 - 314 of 314 Posts