Independent Renault Forums banner

321 - 340 of 377 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,486 Posts
I'm suspicious why the press/TV are only now reporting the reducing daily death rate without mention of new daily infections. The plebs just see only 200 - 300 deaths per day without thought of the new cases per day which equates to say 8k per week as DD mentions above. That is still very high with no proper cure on the table .... look at the panic there was over Ebola and SARS and that seems insignificant in comparison to Covid. It would be helpful to now where in the country these new cases are happening but we have to put our trust in the Tracking call handlers to manage things .... the blind leading the blind sums things up.
I'm not against more people being allowed to meet up in the open or to follow outdoor pursuits but I do think we should all be limited to a 10 mile radius of our homes ... that allows plenty of scope for everyone.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
The trouble with setting a maximum distance from home is that the idiots will continue to ignore it, and us law abiding citizens will effectively stay under house arrest!

In Scotland we have an instruction to travel no more than 5 miles from home, which just gets me to the next town, but it is not a law, so Loch Lomond has been mobbed by Glaswegians today!!

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,085 Posts
Wife is allowed out tomorrow,
How far we will go will be on how confident she feels..
Wont be more than a few miles away, and then having a gentle stroll

Think a lot more are going to be facing an anxious few days/weeks

Members on here included ..

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,226 Posts
Yeah, 'ErIndoors had a total meltdown a week or two back when she came out in the car to collect our click and collect order.... gawd knows why...apart from my driving.
She's fine now and been out both walking and in car since but there is a massive confidence/fear issue for many.

·
6,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
the suspense is killing me what is going to happen next . i heard 3 days ago about the track and trace that had failed and to confirm it today the world beating system is paying workers for nothing . and as the gov was warned the app they are trying out on the isle of white many other countries have tried , it did not work so ditched it , so a company is again getting paid to do work they cant do , that rings a bell , its getting very close to becoming every one for them self

·
24,226 Posts
the suspense is killing me what is going to happen next.....
For my money, significant increase in covid cases stemming from mass protests, not only in USA but also here, London, Cardiff, etc etc.
There seems to be an irony that people are protesting USA police brutality, chanting Black lives Matter and "I can't breathe" without a care on social distancing when it seems that the BAME community has been hardest hit by covid.
I also expect an upsurge that will relate to all the idiots that flocked to beaches, parks, Ikea etc, assuming Track and Trace works in anything like a respectable fashion.

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,474 Posts
the suspense is killing me what is going to happen next . i heard 3 days ago about the track and trace that had failed and to confirm it today the world beating system is paying workers for nothing . and as the gov was warned the app they are trying out on the isle of white many other countries have tried , it did not work so ditched it , so a company is again getting paid to do work they cant do , that rings a bell , its getting very close to becoming every one for them self
Trace and track..right slagging match between Bojo and Strarmer in PMQ today..starmer saying that he has a private letter from the PM on corvid matters and Bojo slagging him off after Starmer saying that he was now releasing it into the public domain..sh1t is going to hit the fan methinks..

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
22,885 Posts
This is a sad state of events brought on by racism encouraged by dictator Trump and very hopefully will bring about his demise.

·
6,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
glad the dreaded 2nd wave has missed us, at times it was not looking good or should i say the poss 3rd wave. hope you are all keeping safe , may your renault keep you going with out a service :devilish:

·
24,226 Posts
Dinna panick.
Between duckeggs flooding parks, beaches, Ikea, garden centres and BLM protests around the country, it seems many are doing all they can to prove that a second wave won't happen.
To55ers the lot of them.
Just wait for the queues outside of Primark.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
My daughter is in New Zealand - no deaths, no new cases, no covid-19 rules anymore. And they managed to go back to school during the end of lockdown without the panic we are seeing here.... is it just us?

I do expect a second wave after the mass demonstrations though.....

·
24,226 Posts
And they managed to go back to school during the end of lockdown without the panic we are seeing here.... is it just us?
I tend to think it is the media and talking heads that are creating most confusion.
Not to say the government hasn't fecked up on many things but the effort that many seem to be putting into pulling apart any actions is paralysing the system.

·
9,486 Posts
And now the very thorny subject of statues..one that p1sses everyone off and would like to see them removed permanently..
Paint a slave traders name on the upright and that should be enough to galvanise some action.:devilish:

·
9,486 Posts
I tend to think it is the media and talking heads that are creating most confusion.
Not to say the government hasn't fecked up on many things but the effort that many seem to be putting into pulling apart any actions is paralysing the system.
Now the Thursday night clap has ceased and with lockdown easing off with more people and traffic everywhere pretty much back to normal it feels that the neighbourly goodwill during this pandemic is easing off quite markedly too. 😘

321 - 340 of 377 Posts