Independent Renault Forums banner

81 - 100 of 196 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
OK, so apparently it's not 'just a strain of flu', it's more nasty, and the older you are, the nastier it is (as in, danger of death)

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,856 Posts
So who remembers my mate the Excavator..this morning in chat from him..

Hi all..this morning I received a voice message on chat from my mate in worcester..cheers
Michael Gale
..this came from spain and a doctor I understand..I am not able to forward the actual voice message because I dont know how to..so I have pretty much written down the keys fact for you all..
The Chinese have carried out autopsies of the dead and the virus is characterised by obstructing respiratory pathways with thick mucus that solidifies and blocks airways and lungs..they have discovered that in order to apply a medicine you have to unblock these airways so the treatment will take affect..however this will take a number of days to take effect..their recommendations to safe guard ourselves are..
1..Drink lots of HOT liquids coffee/tea/soups/warm water and in addition take warm water every 20 minutes ..this will wash the virus from the mouth and into the stomach where the gastric juices can neutralize it before it gets into the lungs..Number 2..Gargle with an anti septic in warm water like vinegar salt or lemon every day if possible.. Number 3..the virus attaches itself to clothsand hair and any detergent or soap will kill it but you have to take a bath/shower when you get in off the street..do not sit anywhere when you get in go straight to the bathroom..if you can't wash cloths daily then hang them in direct sunlight..which can neutralize the virus ..Number 4..wash down all metallic surfaces because the virus can remain there for up to 9 days..Number 5 dont smoke.. Number 6 Wash hands every 20 mins with a soap that foams for 20 seconds.. Number 7..eat fruit and veg to elevate Zinc levels.. Number 8..this is person to person transmission so be careful.. Number 9..try to avoid eating/drinking lots of cold foods and liquids..and finally if you feel any discomfort in your throat attack it immediately before it passes into the lungs..this was the message pretty much so its up to you how you proceed..don't shoot the messenger..stay safe everyone and by the grace of god we will all get through it..once again thanks to Mike for sending me this ..big thanks to you..

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,702 Posts
Phil, if you want to gargle with vinegar every 20 minutes while following advice from Facebook, feel free, that message has bin doing the rounds for at least a fortnight, as far as I can make out is a half baked conflation of official advice and old wives' tales with a bit of Sandra from Mumsnet trying to seem clever. Not to mention the Tin Hat lot who are advocating any load of tripe.

·
23,702 Posts

·
23,702 Posts
Agreed if you also agree not to perpetuate claptrap. Soeone could take this hogwash seriously and endanger themselves as a result.
I've reported your post, but you could do us all a favour and take it down yourself.
Spacey, I looked at the aspect of could it harm anyone very seriously before I decided not to take any action bar a comment on the worth of it and pointing people to one place where they can see that myths abound and where they can get sensible advice.
More to come but I'll post this now then edit

…..
As for the message itself, while I agree that many things are farcical, gargling with anything will not stop the virus if it has got into your airways, which it can the moment you breath in.
Which happens through your nose anyway.
But gargling with a solution of vinegar, salt or lemon juice will not harm.

Sunlight will kill many organisms... the UV-C part of it anyway but commercial UV sterilisers work on far higher levels then sunlight except perhaps in the Sahara. But if people feel better hanging their clothes outside, up to them.

More Fruit etc, won't harm anyone nor will giving up smoking or washing their hands, though every twenty minutes is a little OCD even in these times.

The hot food/cold food seems to be a derivative of travel advice to places where hygiene was suspect and Delhi Belly (the trots) was rife for the unwary.... if it ain't sealed or cooked and hot, don't eat it... personally, I'm happy to eat some of the ice cream out of my freezer so I have room for loo roll.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
popped down to portsmouth sunday ok i left early but the roads there and back reminded me of the 70's on the way i saw no more than 3 other cars at a time, on the way back a little more max 10 , round trip was 282 miles but it did shave 1hr off the round trip . on the last leg home i thought i would do 8 miles of the m1 now that hadn't changed evan for a sunday

·
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
nearly forgot as oil prices drop big stores are just a little dropping fuel prices but i noticed independent garages are putting fuel prices up one was 1.49L for diesel, while our local stores (tesco/asda/ etc) are £1.14 so other outlets are upto £1.70 a gallon more in price

·
23,702 Posts
TBH, never even looked this morning..topped up the car to around 3/4.... if I need more then that it will be running from the zombie apocalypse and a gallon for the lawn mower.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,780 Posts
Thats it then,, off for the foreseeable future

Expecting all Motor factors being made to shut down ..

Glad I have not got any cars stripped into a 100 pieces, ..

Dont know how some of you lot are going to go on , especially you with kiddies trying to keep them locked in, and happy ....

·
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
now we are in lockdown i have been for about 2-3 weeks get out once a day a walk/ a bike ride i do a bike ride for 30mins to 1hr it stops you going nuts , plus i have the electric bikes to play with evan that might stop if my last dhl delivery is stopped tomorrow , so i might have to do some more in the house .
dont eat for the sake of eating you may have to make it last longer our local small tesco used to have 12 cages of milk now they can only get 6 per day but a local outlet is doing a door to door service every friday of milk and eggs and no extra charge a god send from out local dairy outlet , our local butcher yes we have one locals have supported them for years, they are doing a limit per person to make sure ever one can get what they want , and they now if you are from out side the area and limit you more

·
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
will let you know in the morning mrs will be at asda 6.30am on the way to work

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
will let you know in the morning mrs will be at asda 6.30am on the way to work
This, I will be interested in.

Was watching the house of commons live on TV this afternoon, this subject came up, we might see some form of rationing later to prevent it.

81 - 100 of 196 Posts