Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just bought a 2004 Renault Megane 1.9DCI. When getting the car none of the key cards unlocked the door. But only on of them started the car. Was entering the car to unlock fully through passenger door. I’ve replaced the battery multiple times. It still says replace key battery. Still starts the car but will not unlock the car. I’ve made sure the battery is the correct way up in the key aswell

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,563 Posts
so how many keycards do you have?
how many allow the car to be started?
if one/or more do not allow the car to be started what is your imobiliser light doing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have two key cards. Upon inspection of the second key card it appears to be goosed. One key card allows me to start the car but not unlock the doors. This was like this when I got the car. My immobiliser light goes off when I start the car.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,563 Posts
with a new battery in the keycard it should open the car as a normal remote control key fob, unless the button itself is goosed on the keycard or the reciever in the car is not functioning, without a good keycard we cannot really fault find, my advice is to find a local car key merchant and get him to have a look at it, it may be it just need reprogramming, get yourself a spare working keycard whilst you are there.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,868 Posts
Is the central locking working off the switch inside the car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it is, I bought a new key card yesterday, and it programmed to the car and it starts ect. But it won’t lock the car using any of the cards. I’m wondering if this could be a fuse? If so what one?

·
39,868 Posts
huh, why didnt guy who programmed card check your original card first ..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the original cards are water damaged. So they only start the car. When the new key was programmed with the other two keys it didn’t lock or unlock the car. But it was putting of a signal when the buttons were pressed

·
39,868 Posts
why did he not programme the new card to unlock the doors through the uch must be a reason,

do you need to have the card ( ORIGINAL HERE ) in the slot to start the car?????
does the button for central locking work from inside the car, next to your hazard switch, that one?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He did program the card to unlock the doors but it wouldn’t workZ yes the button in the car unlocks and locks the doors

·
39,868 Posts
BUT WHAT did he say was wrong , he's got the machine there to tell him..
Or at least the fault code..
ANSWER my other question

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can use either of the cards to start the car. He said that it was probable a fuse or sensor. But I’m not too sure

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The one about the card in the slot? Yes I have to have it in the slot to start the car

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have checked all cards, all cards start the car. None of them unlock the car, two are water damaged. So they only start the car. The new card was set up to lock unlock the car and start it. But it will not unlock the car. All three of keys have to be in the slot to start the car. The button in the car to lock the doors works without a problem

1 - 17 of 17 Posts