Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a key not very good condition
i i bought a new blank one from ebay

we conected some software to the car and it is asking for a code before we set up the key
not sure what to put in though

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Depending on the model its not the car that codes the key but the car accepts the code already in the key. There are numerous post already in this forum - have a look. It looks like some people have been conned over this key prob.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hi

Depending on the model its not the car that codes the key but the car accepts the code already in the key. There are numerous post already in this forum - have a look. It looks like some people have been conned over this key prob.:)
yes but i have put in the key code from the book i was given with the car and it does not work
i have read loads of posts and find myself no further
the diagnostic tool is asked for a after sales code

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Coded keys

Each key has its own individual code which cannot be changed. The immobilser system has to be taught to recognise the key. Apparently this is Renault only facility. For security purposes they need proof of ownership and original documentataon if possible. See Link below. If you search the Laguna forum yo uwill find lots of stuff in there.:confused:

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/members/chrissent.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I have changed my batteries in the key fob of my megane 1998 and the central locking and the immoblisher now don't work. I have the 4 digit code and it has been to the main dealer and no body can get the immobliser off. I am at the end of my tether with this, can any one help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts