Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1687 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is proving to be a very popular topic on the forums. In order to try and keep it tidy and therefore useful, we have decided to set up this sticky thread as a place to post your questions. We also have a resident expert on the subject (Badkeys) who is willing to answer your questions and help if he can :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Please note that Badkeys is no longer a member of the Renault forums

hi all i am Badkeys , i will try my best to answer any issues you have with renault keys , remotes ,cards and ecu bypass etc
also i have a network of colleagues working around the country so if you are not in my area i may well be able to point you in the direction of a good guy to sort your key or lock problems,
its not only renault we deal with so fire away with related questions by all means
the only thing i cant tell you is security info like entry techniqes and sensitive trade secrets HTH Steve:d

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unable to open Laguna II with Keycard

I can't unlock any doors on my Laguna II (51 Reg) Initiale with any of the keycards. The Renault dealer checked a keycard and said that there is not a problem with the battery of the card.... he said it could be a problem with synchronisation between keycard and the lock.

Anyone got any ideas? The alternative is going to be taking the car to the garage (somehow).

Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't unlock any doors on my Laguna II (51 Reg) Initiale with any of the keycards. The Renault dealer checked a keycard and said that there is not a problem with the battery of the card.... he said it could be a problem with synchronisation between keycard and the lock.

Anyone got any ideas? The alternative is going to be taking the car to the garage (somehow).

Thanks
richard does the card start the car ok , if it does its likely to just be a fuse issue on the central locking ,check the fuses cos the chance of 2 cards going down at the same time would be rare

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
I hope you don't mind me linking to another thread via here. It is an old one I made sometime ago. It is reference the IR remote fob.

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=51942

I finally found out that one of the connections had come loose, the RAC mechanic soldered it and it has worked no problems since. (I had to call him as I couldn't get into my car at all, ha.:eek:)

Hope it helps others.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, i am having problems with my car, i have a laguna 1998 2.0. the problem is my key fob does not work, but my car still starts and opens with the key. I want the key fob to work so all the doors will open at the same time, can anyone help me out?

Would appreciate it.

thanks

also i have tryed changing the batteries but still no luck, the light still works on the fob so i know its working

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, i am having problems with my car, i have a laguna 1998 2.0. the problem is my key fob does not work, but my car still starts and opens with the key. I want the key fob to work so all the doors will open at the same time, can anyone help me out?

Would appreciate it.

thanks
fistly does the central locking work with the key alone , if not check fuses ,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I managed to open the passenger door by using the manual key inside the keycard.
However the keycard doesn't start the car and none of the electronics work, not even the flashing red light for the immobiliser. This must mean a flat car battery??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I managed to open the passenger door by using the manual key inside the keycard.
However the keycard doesn't start the car and none of the electronics work, not even the flashing red light for the immobiliser. This must mean a flat car battery??
if the central locking is not working with the key , and all the fuses are ok , the centrol locking control unit will have packed in ., fairly common on these . sorry:(

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry i just re read your post and realised i was answering another ,yes sounds like a flat battery or other issue with the car , not card related at all

·
Registered
14 Posts
Key Cards Not unlocking doors

Dont wanna sound patronising - This could help you though.

At the bottom of the key card, (see pic) there is a key for your passenger door. Pull the key from the card some can be tight - Look on the bottom of the passenger door handle (see pic) - there is a small square hole, pop the plastic cover off and there is a key hole - This will open the door.

The card should still start the car - if it doesn't the cards are prolly gone, but as mentioned before it is rare for both to go at the same time, the car has prolly just 'forgot' the code thats all.

If it starts take it to dealer - they can re-program card easily.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Steve (Badkeys)

What else can you do with the Laguna II's ?

Can you activate the key-less entry and start system and programme a 3 button card to use it ?

Jules

:d

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Steve (Badkeys)

What else can you do with the Laguna II's ?

Can you activate the key-less entry and start system and programme a 3 button card to use it ?

Jules

yes we can programme the keyless entry cards , if your vehicle supports it already , if its not on the vehicle already , no we cant

·
Registered
19 Posts
Spare key for my new motor

Hi There
i just bought a Laguna Mark 1 2000(w) plate which unfortunately only came with the one key, Timpsons said they couldn't do it but is there anywhere other than the "stealers" that can do one for me?
It's the shape of a normal key with the fob doing the central locking and i believe there's something in it for the immobiliser as it only goes off when key's in the ignition. also how much are we looking at for it?

thanks

Paul

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi There
i just bought a Laguna Mark 1 2000(w) plate which unfortunately only came with the one key, Timpsons said they couldn't do it but is there anywhere other than the "stealers" that can do one for me?
It's the shape of a normal key with the fob doing the central locking and i believe there's something in it for the immobiliser as it only goes off when key's in the ignition. also how much are we looking at for it?

thanks

Paul
paul where are you ,it would help if people posting on here let me know, that way i could point you in the direction of someone i know

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
yes we can programme the keyless entry cards , if your vehicle supports it already , if its not on the vehicle already , no we cant

It's in the vehicle already, however it's disabled by the factory due to insurance issues back in 2002.

Do you have that level of control over the ecu that you could re-enable it ?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's in the vehicle already, however it's disabled by the factory due to insurance issues back in 2002.

Do you have that level of control over the ecu that you could re-enable it ?
i dont think the dealer would have removed the facility in the ecu , by programming a key in it would erase any cards not present

1 - 20 of 1687 Posts