Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

From time to time recently I have noticed that the lock buttons on my doors fail to lock the car. The boot lock button works fine and the car will automatically unlock how it should from both door and boot.

Anyone ever had this situation? Could it be just water ingress??
(Renault Megane 1.9dCi 2005)
Regards
rmurphy

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Hi. I replaced 2 door lock buttons on a megane for the same problem today.
They can be bought seperately from the handle and cost around £13.46 plus vat each

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply chaps.

I'll try the WD40 first as I think washing the car over a week ago may have something to do with it.

Are the buttons alone easy to remove? Or does the whole handle have to come off for the button to come out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had big problem with my 2010 megane keyless entry.

After stopping car and opening door, doors would lock/unlock/lock/unlock contstantly.

Turned out water ingress into drivers side aerial in drivers door.

Was replaced under warranty.

All sorted. It was a very odd fault.

Hope this helps anyone else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply chaps.

I'll try the WD40 first as I think washing the car over a week ago may have something to do with it.

Are the buttons alone easy to remove? Or does the whole handle have to come off for the button to come out?
I have the same problem on my 2005 megan drives side door only. I'm interested to know if you tried the WD40 and if it worked?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got the same problem, first it was the passenger side, then it started working, now it is the drivers side which is a pain. I tried spraying wd40 but didn't work on mine. Where did you buy the new buttons cph1984 and how did you go about fitting them?

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
They can be bought from a Renault dealer.
You need to remove the outer door handle.
Its hard to explain in writing how to remove the handle and I haven't got a megane to take pictures.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts