Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed whilst on a business trip that the darker part of my Espace4 card was missing exposing some of the battery. I taped this over to prevent the battery being displaced and now am wondering if I have to pay for another card or can I just get this small darker grey piece somewhere?

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
John, my understanding is the dark piece of the card should be there - it is the part you pull that is attached to the emergency metal key should the remote locking fail.
Someone else reported being short of this part of the keycard recently upon delivery of the new keycard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The car a 2007 2DCI Dynamic seems unaffected but it worries me that you can see part of the battery. Cannot believe it has been interfered with or I have broken it off but I am beginning to think its going to cost me dear
Does anybody think I just need this emergency key part and not a complete card ? and could a Renault Dealer supply at a reasonable cost ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
A renault dealer will charge over £80.00 FOR A NEW CARD.It is the only way to go as they have to code the new card to your car I think they you cannot get just the bits.Or just use the other card and use the broken one as the spare . you can only have 2 cards programmed @ any time . do not go to e-bay for the card they cannot be used so it is renault main dealer good luck:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the advice . Someone [ not on this forum ] said to try e-bay but now I wont. Its a main dealer for me . I thought a new card was £150 or thereabouts . £80 sounds much better, Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts