Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help i have a knocking noise sometimes when i'm driving off and braking and over bump's, its like a knocking cluncking noise. i've checked the ball joint the anti-rollbar linkage all looks fine:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok will check in morning when there's some light. many thanks Kev
checked the spring and it seems ok:confused: my last mot the ball joint and tie rod end on the drivers side were replaced and the anti-roll bar links were both replaced, jacked it up a bit to see if there was any play and its all fine. it makes the noise sometimes when u turn the steering wheel from left to right??????

G

·
I had a "clonk" on my old Lag when you turned it full lock, yet no-one including myself could find the culprit.

I also have a light knocking on the front over heavy bumps that crosses both sides evenly, and again, can't find the culprit, though I suspect antirollbar bushes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a "clonk" on my old Lag when you turned it full lock, yet no-one including myself could find the culprit.

I also have a light knocking on the front over heavy bumps that crosses both sides evenly, and again, can't find the culprit, though I suspect antirollbar bushes.
ye i had that clonk noise last year and thats what it was the anti roll bar links were gone, 1 had no rubber in the middle of it. that was the first thing i check this time but they were fine. now think it maybe wish bone or shocker its really puzzeling me :crazy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.