Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well
I checked the CV joint , and it was not dry, there was penlty of grease in there, however, and bare with me on this one,(hard to explain) When i pulled the cv boot back to check for grease, i noticed that in the center of the cv joint, there was a button head, like bolt wich i pressume goes to the outer hub, and as i spin the wheel around, this nut head, if thats what it is , moves about by about 3-4mm, in and out, so am i right to presume that the outer nut in the wheel hub is, either one not tight(ive tried to check but i no these should be tight), or has some body put it together wrong , as in missed a washer out or something or the bolt is out of thread (so its as tight as can be but not enough) etc
I have spoke to my dad about this as he has done loads, of work on all kinds of cars, but im convinced that between this button head like thing on the inside, of the joint to the outside, were the main nut is there is some thing else,
Any way this knocking noise is driving me mad hope that(well not really hope), some one has had the same problem or knows the working of a cv joint.
Thanks to you all,
Any ideas, are well well welcomed

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, thinking this button head is the main bolt goes to the outer wheel hub, im pressuming its attached, or should be.
I know this is probably a difficult one to approach, i deal with but i have heard a few people with this same knocking noise and but it down to a common fault, my wife had a j reg cleo years ago with similar problem and never, got to the bottom of it, after five different garge atempts.
So, get those brain cogs ticking, if i do ever find out i will post a good reply back to let the rest of you know.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts