Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys this is my first post I have a really odd problem with my 04 laguna mk2 it makes a knocking type of sound when turning left or right when it is stationary, a similar noise when pulling off or breaking with it a slight lag and no knocking when your going over bumps. i have had the inner track rod ends replaced but not resolved the issue, is this 1 problem or 2 different ones. Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Check the suspension legs for broken coil springs or knackered to bearing mounts. Other things could be anti rollbar bushes or droplinks, subframe bolts loose, or steering rack bolts loose

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice i will get it checked out hopefully today. i have noticed since the replacement of inner tie rods the knocks are very noticable in and out of the car and i have noticed that it does knock while going over bumps. it is a bit difficult to hear as it is a dci.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:mad: This fault is driving me round the bend i have been to three garages not dealership first said inner tie rod ends they were replaced fault still exists. then its steering rack. went 2nd garage said possible s/r is loose they had a look and said thats fine and its not steering rack, but they can not locate the fault, went to third they could not locate fault either. The knock is very load on the outside aswell as the inside. All 3 garages said they checked the supension and that all fine. HELP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts