Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Renault clio 2008 was casually driving and smoke started coming from the steering wheel/where the keys go so I pulled over. Then tried to carry on to car park and smoke was bellowing out so had to get towed by a lovely member or the public. I got a mechanic out and he replaced the "stalks" but not I have no indicators or interior light or full beam or wipers unless I do the one which sprays water. My lights are also on all the time they turn off when I turn the car off. Need help please!!

Attachments

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
Did your Clio have auto lights and wipers ? as these stalks are different

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,569 Posts
Ask the mechanics to check that ALL the numbers matched,,,. plus the letters at the end
They are different, if wrong you will never fix it..

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,185 Posts
How do you know the original numbers if the old stalks were thrown away
Would need to go to renault buy some new ones..the only way I can think off that you would have the correct ones..unless you like trawling the net and hoping you find the right ones but be prepared to pay a hefty price for them ..:smile2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

How would they know the right numbers and letters?
They have all the info on how your car was built..just give them the model/year and any other info they may ask you and they will give you the correct parts..
Thank you for the help. I just can't afford to pay out for more stalks If it doesn't fix it. The on board computer thing doesn't work now either or the interior light

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,569 Posts
Without posting your oval plate and the numbers of the stalks you have on now
Think we are going to struggle to help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts