Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CD Changer

Hi

Could someone tell me if there is a proper place a CDchanger would fit in the boot and if there would be a wiring connection for one. I have a Renault Laguna RXE 1994

Michael

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi again Michael, the CD changer in my Lag is mounted on the left hand side of the boot on its side, I'm just having my tea at the mo but I'll pop to the garage and take a pic for you in a while, hang on in there, not sure about the wiring actually being in place though as the CD unit was an optional extra .
Regards Leroy

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi again, a few pics for you, the CD unit in my Lag is the original Alpine one that came with the car, sorry if they are a little bit blurred but I've been celebrating a victory from Harry and the team here in Portsmouth today, hope this helps. Still not sure about the wiring on your car being there though.
Regards Leroy

Attachments

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
What make of CD changer do you have? If it's original Renault part then it could be Alpine or Philips, if aftermarket i.e Sony or JVC could be that the connector if you have the wiring installed could be different, also these may not work correctly if side mounted, do you have controls on a small pod on the right hand side of the steering wheel to control volume etc.
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CD Changer

Hi leroy

I do not have one yet, I have seen some on ebay but they do not come with cable that is why I was asking where they would fit to check if there was any cable put there incase one was added later. if not then I would have to buy one, then what one do I buy.

Michael

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi michael
which cable is a nightmare been there done that
all depends on which head unit and when your car was built
if your head unit has a mini iso plug on the back then its easy to get a cable if not the only place i have seen them is a shop in e-bay
not to sure if i can post a shop link in the forums but if you pm me ill send it to u
sorry m8t jusy looked again at your post if yours is a 1994 then you will need the 10-10 cable which is really hard to come across but that shop does them

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
hi michael
which cable is a nightmare been there done that
all depends on which head unit and when your car was built
if your head unit has a mini iso plug on the back then its easy to get a cable if not the only place i have seen them is a shop in e-bay
not to sure if i can post a shop link in the forums but if you pm me ill send it to u
sorry m8t jusy looked again at your post if yours is a 1994 then you will need the 10-10 cable which is really hard to come across but that shop does them
There should be no problem posting the link mate, it's not a link to a alternate forum or anything.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
To clarify...

1 / PM's are only available to subscribed members.

2 / Links are OK as long as they are not for;
a..advertising
b..To a rival forum
c..likely to infringe copyright
d..offensive/illegal material.
If your not sure email me at [email protected] and i will check it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts