Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know it's not glass, but my question is, is it possible to replace the headlight glass without having to buy new headlights as mine are crazed. If so does anyone know where to get them cheap?:confused:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Bombhead - as far as I know the glass is not available separately and even if it was you would have great difficulty ensuring the focus was correct.:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The plastic lenses aren't avaliable seperately.:(

Why do you want to change them?.The ones on my previous Lag 1 ph 2 went 'milky' as the plastic deteriorated but I sold it before I had time to change them,have yours done the same?.I would have struggled to get mine through another MOT as the beam patterns weren't great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My nearside light is like new but my off side one looks like someone has been cleaning it with a sandblaster and it has gone "all funny like".
However I have been told if I rub it down with very fine micropore it should bring it back to how it was. Failing that its off to good old Ebay.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Yep,that sounds exactly like the way both of mine went.You could try Brasso with a soft cloth.

If you can't repair them,then Ebay would be the place look,but also try GSF,Eurocarparts and Sel Imperial.They all sell new aftermarket headlights.:)

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts