Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone wishing to fit a diy towbar i wish u goodluck :rolleyes: as i did mine after buying cage nuts to make it easier without removing the bumper i ended up having to remove the damn thing in the end :( as the holes did not line up so i used nuts n bolts in the end :crazy: it took bout 2 hours :confused: & it was a witter bar

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
anyone wishing to fit a diy towbar i wish u goodluck :rolleyes: as i did mine after buying cage nuts to make it easier without removing the bumper i ended up having to remove the damn thing in the end :( as the holes did not line up so i used nuts n bolts in the end :crazy: it took bout 2 hours :confused: & it was a witter bar
Hi Sharky,

I fitted my tow bar 18 months back ... it went straight into the the pre-drilled holes in the chassis , just took out the rubber grommets , just got to be careful putting the spacers in the chassis in case they drop inside . ... only thing i had to do was drill a hole for the towbar electrics in the spare tyre well , otherwise it fitted spot on. You should not have had any trouble ... must be a fault somewhere . :confused:

Chakota :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Witter towbar for lag 2 estate

I'm considering buying a 2 hand towbar on ebay for lag 2 estate. Are there collapsible spacers used on this bar as the seller has not mentioned them?

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
i bought my towbar off ebay and there were no spacers with it. i presume when he took it off the spacers dropped inside when he removed it. i just made some myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tow bar and electrics

Looking to fit a towbar to my lag II - mainly concerned about the electrics, is there a block in one of the light clusters to connect into so the dashboard can register something is being towed? Also is it a fairly straight forward job to do. Any help/advice would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Jace:)

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Hi,

My mate who is an electrician done mine with the snaplock connectors without any trouble whatsoever .. he read the diagram supplied with the towbar electrics and these were an aftermarket one not the genuine renault one which i think do have connector block which clips straight on. ;)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Yep,the genuine Renault wiring kits just plug in between the rear lights and the loom.:)

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I had an electrician do mine and he said its the worse one he had done as all the wires were the same colour!!!!:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I had an electrician do mine and he said its the worse one he had done as all the wires were the same colour!!!!:eek:
I remember my fitter had that problem with the multiplug for the boot lid lights (it's the hatchback.) He was also the one who told me that there's no point in noting the colours of Renault wiring because they tend to change them without notice.

Basically, you need to meter out the reverse and rear fog light feeds against a good ground. It's not rocket science, but it's a bit of a hassle compared to knowing which wires to go for. While you're at it, you might as well do the same with the main clusters. The tracks are easy enough to trace on most of them, but with the side/brake lights being dual function, it's a bit hit and miss as to which is which.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts

Surely he must check wires to see which is indicator , brakes etc. ... for an electrician with proper equipment i thought it would be a doddle as my mate found it easy .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts