Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Laguna II (2001-2005) seats fit directly into a Laguna II facelift model (2005-2007)?

I see loads of the half leather seats up for sale but they are always from a 2001-2005 model. Will they just fit straight into my 2005 (facelift) Laguna or has there been some changes?

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I can't say for certain, but I'd be confident that they'd fit. The changes to the inside of the car seem to be limited to the dash and centre console. They may have changed the seats, but the back seat looks to be the same shape as it always was, and I expect the front seat mountings are the same.

Edit: Just a thought - the earlier back seats don't have the zips in them to give access to the Isofix points, and so you may have to butcher the seats if you ever want to fit a child seat. Even if you're never likely to want to fit one, look out for someone already having done this to any interior that you might be thinking of buying.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Nell - when changing seats you may have to the ECU reprogrammed to accept the air-bags and seat tensioners on the new seats - I'm not sure - may be worth asking a Renault dealer and then informing your insurers of your changes. I know it shouldn't make little or no difference to the safety aspects of the car but insurers will do almost anything to wriggle out of a claim. If you lookly closely at your insurance policy it usualy states you are required to inform them of ANY changes to the vehicle.:)

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't need to inform my insurance of any changes that are a standard feature of the model of my car.

I.E. If I change seats, alloy wheels etc for a varience that was still standard fit to the model then I am ok.

The example they gave me is if I bought a base model with nice cloth seats and wanted to upgrade them to a leather interior from a higher spec car of the same model then they wouldn't need informed. As long as it's Renault standard fit for any Laguna spec' they don' mind. If I put Recaro's in then yes I would need to inform them.

Aparently If I change any performance related items then I must inform them before even sitting in the car lol

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Nell - yeh you could upgrade the seats and wheels but if either the seats or wheels were damaged they are only obliged to restore the vehicle to original standard and not to what you may have upgraded. For instance a young neighbour of mine had his car stolen and trashed by yobbos and they refused to pay for the Renault alloys he had fitted and only offered to replace the wheels as where fitted when new. (which were the bog standard steel varirty). Suppose it how you define standard but my experience of insurers is that they will do anything to wriggle out of either paying or making a reduced payment.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts