Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if this subject has crept up before, but feel i need to mention it as it is really starting to get on my ¤¤¤¤!!!!!!!!!!

Long story short after 3 throttle body changes and a full engine loom change i am now in a position where i have another fault code listed agaisnt the throttle body, now at £400 a pop for parts and fitting, i am sure you can understand frustration, granted 2 bodys were changed under parts warranty but latest one is not covered.

There must be more to this than meets the eye and after talking to Renault UK, am at a dead end, only choice i have is to change yet another body and hope for the best.

any advice/suggestions would be very very nice.

and PS which french idiot desinged this fly by wire system for throttle, it is a total joke.

cheers:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UNBELIVEABLE:

Had a call from Renault this morning after dropping car off to them on friday, they have basically said that even though there were some historical fault codes in ECU memory, there is nothing wrong with throttle body, they have cleared all fult codes and have asked me to take away, but if the car goes wrong again then to drop in and get sorted, but to cap it all off, they have said that if it does go wrong again then i should consider getting rid of Speakers, TV's etc as this could be causing the problems.

Now am i mad in thinking that this is a kind of cop out on there part, yes i have lot of toys, but they are all backed up by a Deep cycle battery and a powercap, and none of the equipment had been wired up to anything important like power supplies to ECU etc, it either comes stright from battery or from 12V supplies front and rear.

Will be picking up tommorrow and the bloody thing had better be working or its going straight back and will basically say enough is enough and just get rid of it:mad: :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts