Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me what kind of towbar can i put on my laguna that wont interfere with the reverse sensors. cheers

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I don't think any towbar will interfere with the sensors. I have a detachable, but the sensors work fine with the ball left in place.

It appears that the Renault detachable bar is actually made by Bosal. You'll probably get it cheaper if you buy from a Bosal agent rather than Renault.

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
As long as one of the sensors is not right behind the towbar there should be no problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I fitted a Towsure brakcet to my Lag 2, no problem concerning reversing sensors and its the fixed flange type. Had a bit of a faff routing the cable through to the inside of the car though as there didn't seem to be a grommit anywhere near by and was reluctant to drill the car; in the end i poked the cable through the vent flap on the near side and got to the cables there.

Have fun fitting it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I fitted a Bosal (Think thats the name?) detachable type to my Laguna. When I'm driving solo the and the towing arm is attached it has no affect on the reversing sensors. However, as you should expect, the bleeper will have a busy time when you select reverse with the trailer or caravan attached!!

My only issue is that the 12N & 12S sockets appear to hang low on the part hidden tow bracketry but it's never grounded even when towing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts