Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I gave a 2010 Laguna 3 which has just passed its' MOT. However I was expecting it to fail as it has an annoying rattle at the front.

Here in northern Ireland the MOT test centres put your vehicle on a ramp with moving plates and play a game of "lets try to pull your car apart". I may be the same in GB. I said to the tester that I was surprised it had passed and he reassured that everything they check was sound!

I have tried to locate this annoying knocking several times. It is most evident over poor surfaces at around 20mph.

I'm now thinking rear or left engine mount. Any pointers from the wise out there, or even the men :rofl: would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Simon

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
6,986 Posts
if the gear lever moves when the knocking is occurring check the dogbone mount at the back of the gearbox.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,755 Posts
Could be the brake caliper pins try just touching the brakes see if the knock changes.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,733 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Worn out Wishbone Balljoint can also make knocking. And will make your tyre wear out quicker then norman.

If you struggle to feel anything lose with the car jacked up, it can help to check the toe angles in reasonably step up hill and downhill slope. Make sure your have the steering wheel centered always (a bubble levere helps) and compare the numbers you get from the uphill Vs downhill facing checks.
To measure use strings connected to the rear rims. Pull tight and measure between string and front tyres if any of the front wheels are of straight forward toe angles..
Worn out bushings will also make the toe angles differ slightly.

Sent fra min Moto G (5) Plus via Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts