Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After having my Lag serviced today, the garage(not Renault) advised that I need 2 new tyres on the back. I therefore have a few questions.

Quesion 1 is, do I get just 2 tyres or replace all 4?

Question 2 is, if I just get 2, would it be worth putting the 2 new tyres on the front and the ones from the front on the back?

Also, which tyres do you lot recommend?

I'll be getting them online as well as they are much cheaper. I had AVON ZZ3's on my previous car(MG ZS) and they served me well. I have seen them for £69 each delivered or £86 delivered and fitted.

If I choose the £52 option, how much do tyre places normally charge to fit a tyre?

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
What size tyres do you have on your car?

There are plenty of threads on the forum about tyres, do a search.

I use these, the price quoted includes fitting. Only rated to 186mph, do you drive fast?

Tyre Details

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size tyres do you have on your car?

There are plenty of threads on the forum about tyres, do a search.

I use these, the price quoted includes fitting. Only rated to 186mph, do you drive fast?

Tyre Details

I have 225/45/17's and it depends what you call fast. I mainly travel on motorways every day and I rarely go over 90 on the motorway.

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi mikwillo, it is recommended that new tyres are always fitted on the rear of the car, as it reduces the cars tendency to loose grip at the rear first when braking is applied ... check out any of the major tyre manufactures web sites, they all give the same advice ... new tyres should always go on the rear.

hope it helps :)

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Only joking about the speed, I rarely go over 80mph.

I use the same size as you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi mikwillo, it is recommended that new tyres are always fitted on the rear of the car, as it reduces the cars tendency to loose grip at the rear first when braking is applied ... check out any of the major tyre manufactures web sites, they all give the same advice ... new tyres should always go on the rear.

hope it helps :)

Thanks for the advice.

I have had a look around for some tyres with a lower profile than 45 but cant find any. Anyone got lower than 45 on theirs?

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
If you change the profile you will have to change the wheels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I take it you laguna has tyre sensors, with this in mind you would be best to leave the wheels in their current position unless of course you are going to ask the garage to swap the tyres and rims for all 4 wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts