Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
Fist hello to everyone. I am Laguna owner and new here.
I am just wondering if its possible to change steel wheels to aloys and keep pressure monitoring valves.
Sorry if it`s daft question but not my cup of tea unfortunately.
Thanks,
:eek:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum.:)

Are you looking to fit a set of genuine Lag 2 alloys or aftermarket ones?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have no idea what the difference in fitting between them technically. I would go for any alloys instead of standard-ugly ones I got.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I'm not sure if the sensors in the steel wheels will fit in any alloys to be honest,but if you get a set of standard Laguna 2 alloys,then the sensors in them could be re-programmed to read properly on your car.The alloy wheels are far thicker than steel wheels,so the sensors might have different shoulders on them.

We have attempted to fit aftermarket wheels with the sensors from a set of Lag 2 Silverstone alloy wheels,but they wouldn't fit correctly,so the customer asked for normal valves and ignored the display in the car!.

If you do go for a set of Silverstone wheels,be aware that they are easily damaged,so check second hand wheels thoroughly for buckled rims.The later ones are supposed to be stronger,but I have seen little evidence of this!

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Not neccessarily....

I think Renault charge £35 to reset the system,but some tyre fitting centres have the kit to do it and charge around half this amount.:)

Let us know how you get on.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts