Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN ANYONE ( AND I KNOW THERE ARE LOTS OF YOU GOOD, HELPFUL PEOPLE OUT THERE)... PLEASE INFORM ME WHERE TO GET THE BEST DEALS ON PURCHASING THE DISCS THAT I WILL REQUIRE IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE...?:confused:
I HAVE LEFT MY DETAILS WITH SOME BREAKERS BUT WOULD PREFER NEW/NEARLY NEW :confused:

MANY THANX FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS
WETBUTSAFE ;)

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
welcome to the forum.
i know some forum members have bought there disk of ebay,also there are many online suppliers.i would not take a chance with used ones from a breakers yard.as you have no way of checking if they are warped,i think' but not sure the minimum limit is 12mil,have you tried doing a search.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Yep,please don't use second hand brake components.It's just not worth the risk......

If you search for GSF,Eurocarparts or on ebay,I'm sure you'll find some reasonably priced new parts.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
You might be suprised to find Renault parts department maybe worth looking. Our Renault garage have a 30% discount on discs and pads when bought at same at the minute which probably makes them only just a bit more than the local parts company. I bought mine from Renault then went to a local tyre/brake/exhaust garage and got em fitted for £35, which is £100+ cheaper the the dealers!

Regards

Dave

P.S. Its always worth asking for a discount, whats the worse they can say?

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Also you may find that "aftermarket" discs are exactly that. Discs only..
The rear discs on the Laguna also contain the wheel bearing.. Renault discs are supplied complete with the beariings fitted, aftermarket ones may not be..

Reusing existing bearings is NOT recommended, and in anycase require a press to remove and refit them..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts