Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 2002 Laguna DCI, standard dial air con. When I increase the air flow power from 1-4, the noise of the air fan increases but little to no air comes out of any air vents apart from the from window ones!

I don't think the aircon/fan etc is the problem, there must be something blocking the vents, any idea? It's a high mileage car - 128k!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Dont take this the wrong way but have you opened the vents?:) If so i would think its something stuck inside, hopefully someone will be along soon to give you a bit more of a technical idea.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Have you checked your pollen filter yet? Could be blocked and possibly slowing the airflow down.

Not sure if this would affect it like that, but worth a look ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
T'was the pollen filter, the air was trying to come through but the filter was completely black, and had half of autumn attached to it.

Anyone wondering how to change it, it is completely simple even for someone like me with zero mechanical knowledge.

All you need is a Torx 20 screwdriver (£3.50 halfords), a flat edge screw driver and some pliers and small spanner. The filter comes with instructions so just follow them, nice and easy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have this problem on my scenic loads of noise and air coming from foot well but hardly any from vents, i can access my pollen filter with ease because i think something is missing and its doing my tree in.:crazy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts