Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:d Hi all newbie here in need of some help.
I have a 1999 laguna 1 exectutive 2.0 (n7q engine) which refuses to start.
Car has been of the road for a while but was started regurly untill a couple of months ago.
Tried starting but engine turns over but wont fire up. Have just replaced coil packs but as these often fail after standing. All alarm seems to work ok lights go off as they should. When i sprayed easy start into air inlet it fired up abit but would not start properly. Have bypassed the fuel pump relay so i know pump is ok and have changed the relay. Have checked all fuses and connections. Is this something to do with the immob. Before this the car was running very smoothly with no problems at all.
Hope somebody can help.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Does the immo light on the cluster go solid red when the ignition is on, or switch to a more frequent flash than normal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
After I have unlocked the car and turn the key the light continues to flash. But I have noticed a couple of times to stay on then go out.
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*Fixed*
After searching other posts i checked the cable from the engine bay fuse box to ECU and the power (red) cable had been replaced before and there was corrosion on the original cable just before the join. cut it back, rejoined it, replaced battery turned the key and hey presto the fuel pump kicks in. Started on first turn of the key. seems to be common problen with these.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts