Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1.8 16v Laguna1 Ph2, and it's time for an overall oil change for the little lady... so, went to the local carshop and was looking at the usual engine oils, Castrol, Elf, Mobil, Shell and the guy recomended ENEOS engine oil 5w40, I was going to put 5w40 any way regardless of the oil manufacturer...

So, my question would be, how good is that engine oil compared to the other manufacturers - the oil is fairly new in our country, and is about HALF cheaper!!

for example, I can get 6 liters of ELF Excellium NF 5w40, or I can get 8 liters of ENEOS 5w40 for the SAME price. Crazy stuff...

Also, can it be harmful to the engine if I put an oil that's not the one that was before, the guy that owned it befor me put in Mobil1??

And last but not least, is AutoData 3.24 acurate as far as fluid cappasities go (engine oil, brake fluid, pwr steering fluid, cooland fluid, etc.) and spark plugs and stuff like that??

thanks

·
yeah
234 Posts
i think i put the wrong oil in my renault and i did not matter

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
It is essential the correct grade of oil is used on any engine especially if it a 1.5 Dci engine as they have a notorious history if sticking piston rings.

Ensure the specs match or exceed what is recommended for the appropriate engine.

I have no knowledge of ENEOS oils but check the API, CCMC and ACEA specs are before using.

The lnk below gives some good info.,:)

http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts