Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bad bad day... :(

My Laguna II 1,8 petrol 120 hp, mod 03, has had some problems for the last few weeks.
It all started with the car misfiring, and not behaving nice to an old man like me. I went on to change the spark plugs, and then i found some not so nice things.
Two of the old spark plugs had a rusty color, and seemed a bit moist from water. Well, anyway i changed the spark plugs, and the car has been running perfectly for about four weeks. Now the problem with misfiring has come back, and once again i took out the sparkplugs. On no 2 and 3 it looks like water is running down the coil, and onto the spark plugs. No 1 and 4 are totally dry.
Does this mean extremely expensive garage visits, or is it just for me to change the upper gasket as it seems the water is coming from the top of the coils ?

Anyone ?? I would highly appreciate your comments.

Sorry if my english is not perfectly understandable, it has been a few years since i left school :)

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
hi m8:) if your defo sure that its standing water causing the problem rather than the head itself, then try sealing it as you said, another thing would to be to spray all the coils , plug leads and plug conections whith some wd40 this should get rid of any dampness and give short time protection.

hope this has helped and good luck alex:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts