Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my boyfriend has bought me a 1997 1.8rt sport, lovely and spacious, but i am having problems with no heat on the manual heating. this car also has air con. the radiators have been flushed out and i have bought a new thermostat, but the screws have been threaded, so i cant get the pipe off to get to the thermostat. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums.

I'm sure a Member will be able to assist with your post shortly.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum.:)

Is the engine warming up properly?.If so the problem is not down to the thermostat....

The common fault is the heater matrix blocking up.There is an excellent 'How To' on curing this problem,so if you search for 'heater matrix',you should be able to find it.

EDIT;Click on the link below.....:)

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/laguna/5107-renault-laguna-i-phase-1-heating-cooling-possible-fix-cold-heater.html?highlight=heater+matrix
Thanks for this. jsut printed it off, so when its not raining too much, i'll try and get this problem sorted. i'll let you know how i get on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for this. jsut printed it off, so when its not raining too much, i'll try and get this problem sorted. i'll let you know how i get on.
ps, yes the car warms up properly, but i've also got air con, so this might be a little tricky for me to fix on my own. I have also found out that the housing unit that holds the hose to the thermostat has got its screws threaded, so will have to replace this first. Apparently I have to get this from a renault dealer at a cost of £16.50

1 - 7 of 7 Posts