Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. What a great site. I had problems , where by the car started to hesitate at low speed like a slight mis-fire, I was able to diagnose this as possiblly being the EGR valve. I read how many people had broken this trying to remove it (it was a close one for me) luckily I took my time and as suggested used a socket on a extension and knocked it round slowly until it moved freely, also applying some lubricant.

I would like to post a question if any one can help? I cleaned the EGR valve with carb cleaner although it was not to bad but also found the manifold very chocked up with black gunge. I cleaned this from the first chamber which lead down to the egr but was reluctant to try and clean any further as it looked very thick and I was worried if I dislodged it where it might go, can I clean this out and if so how?

By the way what I did clean seems to have cured my problem and also cured another where by when accelerating in 1st and lifting of the throttle on gear change to 2nd the revs where staying high almost like I was an in-experienced driver leaving my foot on the gas.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi

Hi I have had no response to my question? As I am new to how forums work I am not sure I have posted this in the correct manner. Can someone advise me if what I have posted is in the correct place? Cheers.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Hi I have had no response to my question? As I am new to how forums work I am not sure I have posted this in the correct manner. Can someone advise me if what I have posted is in the correct place? Cheers.
I cleaned all my gunk out without any problems and mine realy was caked in it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did you renew gasget.

Hi, Just wondering if you renewed the gasget or just replaced the old one,hate going to the main stealer for parts feels like they having your eyes out. WHICH THEY ARE.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
egr valve

Hi, Just wondering if you renewed the gasget or just replaced the old one,hate going to the main stealer for parts feels like they having your eyes out. WHICH THEY ARE.
Hi do you mean the metal gasket on the egr valve? as this is the only gasket type thing I came across. If so no I didn't but someone may advise that I should have!

I took the upper part off again the part that has a vaccuum connection and a control flap and with a piece of plastic plumbing tube scrapped out all the gunky deposits, so far so good. Now contemplating trying a vegetable oil mix with diesel, just need the bottle to try, maybe a small amount 1st say 10%.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Probably the only thing you could do different is use a clearer title more specific to the problem,

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts