Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am new here I would like advice on my laguna 2. The first one is the battery went and since then the handbrake check light keeps coming on all brake calipers and discs have been changed faults read and nothing about handbrake and the second one is the car is reluctant to set of when you set off like only for a second or two like a pause if you get my meaning
Thank you

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,226 Posts
Ok let me try and understand this
You have had a new battery fitted and since then, even with all the calipers being changed, you are getting a "Check Handbrake" warning light? ( no fault codes stored though!)
When you try to set off, the handbrake does not release automatically, it lags and eventually releases the brakes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi no hand break works as it should just a error on dash the car running if different matter but that might be the egr valve

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,750 Posts
Lag on take off could be many things.
EGR always a favourite but throttle switch, air filter, fuel filter, leaky injectors etc etc can all be in the frame.
Clean the EGR, check the obvious like air filter is clean, come back to us if no improvement.

Handbrake Error.
Low battery is notorious for throwing up random faults. Some self clear, others do not.

When you say no errors found on a scan, what scanner?
A generic OBD2 unit will not see any fault outside of the engine/ECU.
Must be one that can access the EPB module.
If the error message is on the dashboard, it is stored and can be cleared but needs the right kit to do it.
If it then comes back, we can dig deeper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts