Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Recently bought a Laguna Estate and got it serviced shortly after. The mechanic I have used for years says the car is fine except for a hole in the drivers side of the cat. He thinks its a hole which some sort of cap or plug goes in as the hole is too perfect to have been caused by damage. He rang up Renault for me and they tell him nothing is supposed to go there. I checked a few of these sites and read that it is probably what my mechanic has said (although annoyingly I cant find the forum now). If there is nothing supposed to go there, what is the hole, as it passed its MOT??

Any help would be great

Regards

Will

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just discovered a hole in my catalytic converter as well. A perfect hole, just as a cap is missing. Lots of free exhaust and noise, so it's definitively something missing. I'm going to weld in a plate instead.

·
Registered
54 Posts
And now I what should have been where the hole is; the mounting bracket. I guess the other end (on the engine block) was loose so the bracket vibrated and eventually fell off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
some of the renaults have 2 holes for lamba sensor you do get a bolt to block one off try a fast fit centre a lot of staff keep spare ones in there tool boxes

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nope, the hole is far to big for a screw. 3-4cm diameter. I'm positive it's the bracket because it fell off a few days later. No need for the bracket it seems and I welded a plate over the hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts