Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, In old cars all you had to do was ajust a screw on a cable or something like.
How do you adjust the tick over on a modern car?
Can it be done without Renault garages?
I posted this earlier this week.
http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114259
Now the problem is - I think that the tick over is droping too low and the ECU or whatever sees the engine not getting enough fuel and assumes its an injection fault. Thats my theory.
lets be clear the Fuel injection fault does not come on at just above tick over.
So i start the car on tick over it does its diagnostic check thingy and the light comes on. I pull up to traffic lights and let it idle the light comes on.
If i free wheel out of gear the light comes on.
If I get a good start (no idle) and manage to change gear and keep rolling it does not have time to spot it.
so if i'm doing a good run the light never comes onby keeping the revs just above idle and i'm talking feather touch on peddle.
If i have to stop at a junction the light comes on and stays on no matter how i drive.
Please anyone had same/similar

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Forget trying to adjust the idle speed. Even Renault can't adjust it as it is determined the the ECU.
If the idle is poor then there is fault - could be electrical or even fueling.

Have you checked the anti-stall speed on the clutch pedal?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forget trying to adjust the idle speed. Even Renault can't adjust it as it is determined the the ECU.
If the idle is poor then there is fault - could be electrical or even fueling.

Have you checked the anti-stall speed on the clutch pedal?
Ahh now what is that? When i droped it out of gearto freeweel, the odd time the light did not activate. The revs looked just above 800. As soon as i pushed the clutch the light came on and the revs dropped just below 800.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll need to get down into the drivers footwell. Look at the top end of the clutch pedal for the switch and its wiring.:)
Thanks I will look this afternoon.
Excuse my ignorance but if this is an anti stall switch does it engage the clutch somehow electronically - is that what we're saying?
I dont really understand what it may or may not do.
I can check swiches and things like that I'm ok with.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
On many modern engines when you are driving along and you lift your foot of the accelerator no fuel whatsover is going to the engine so in order to prevent the engine from stalling the engine ECU needs to know when the clutch is depressed - heance the switch. It also allows prevents the engine revs from dropping too low during gear changes. If the switch fails then the ECU will resort to default mode which can cause erratic idle and accelerating up the gears.

No guarantee that's your exact problem but worth checking all the same.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On many modern engines when you are driving along and you lift your foot of the accelerator no fuel whatsover is going to the engine so in order to prevent the engine from stalling the engine ECU needs to know when the clutch is depressed - heance the switch. It also allows prevents the engine revs from dropping too low during gear changes. If the switch fails then the ECU will resort to default mode which can cause erratic idle and accelerating up the gears.

No guarantee that's your exact problem but worth checking all the same.:)
Right managed to pop in to a garage and get the codes. they were
DF091 vehicle speed signal sensor.
DF08 pedel potentiometer circuit.
DF004 Turbo presure sensor.
DF056 air flow meter.
DF039 inlet air temp circuit.
DF226 damper valve circuit malfuction.
After he cleared them all the fault that came up was only Turbo Pressure sensor.
When I cleaned the EGR valve, I had to take off various parts and sensors. I did not know what they were but noticed one was loose on an aluminium pipe This appears to be the sensor that is faulty.
Apparently i need to fit a 'helecoil' which will give me the thread so this can be secured properly.
Hopefully that will solve the problem. if not i will change that sensor.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
The turbo pressure sensor (MAP) is on the rubber inlet pipe that runs from the intercooler to the inlet manifold.

I suspect the part you had to remove to get at the EGR valve was the stop damper valve - so in essence this part does not relate to the code that is shown although it may be associated if pressure is escaping.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The turbo pressure sensor (MAP) is on the rubber inlet pipe that runs from the intercooler to the inlet manifold.

I suspect the part you had to remove to get at the EGR valve was the stop damper valve - so in essence this part does not relate to the code that is shown although it may be associated if pressure is escaping.:)
Ok so , this Alli pipe that is connected to the EGR has a valve on it that i took to be the throtle body - a butterfly valve that is in the pipe and on top of that is this little sensor that i thought was the map sensor? they are seperate but so close together.
I also found the turbo solonoid valve and took it off and cleaned what i could. I tested this by putting it across a 12v batery and although it seemed to activate, I thought that i would be able to blow though when open or shut? this did not seem to be the case. I put all back together and no joy. I still need to find the turbo pressure sensor- htats assuming i am calling things by their correct name?

In this thread http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=111310&highlight=scenic+egr
this is the same engine as mine I believe. what is the sensor with the three wires to it bottom right of picture 21?
thanks for your help by the way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just thought i'd update. Light is still on but get this, I tried my usual trick of pressing stop 5 times to then start with bump. OProbably wont try this again as it all locked up and would not start or even register the key when in the key slot. It would not lock but the key was still coded as it tried to lock but then popped open imediatly as though a door was still open. The alarm worked and occationally it asked 'Insert Key' key but it would not see it when i put it in. Managed to push it round the corner and Then instict told me to try one thing - it worked car started and all back to normal apart from still have the injection fault on tick over only.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.