Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum and posting for the first time. My 54 reg Laguna blew its turbo and after pumping out loads of black smoke and the engine racing for a scarey length of time it finally came to a stop. The problem I have now is that it refuses to start up again. I am getting pretty desperate now and would appreciateany help.

Thanks

Phil

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
The news doesn't sound good I'm afraid.

If the engine wasn't stalled and allowed to keep running until it stopped by itself then I suspect the engine will be well and truly knackered. Probably seized the crankshaft or damaged its pistons.

Will the engine even make any attempt to turn?:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I/we have checked oil levels etc and have bypassed the turbo. We have tried to start it and although it turns over it just wont fire up.

Regards

Phil

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
If it sounds as if there is compression when turning - try a squirt of easystart. Than remove dipstick and while turning see if there is any pressure from there. Than I would personally try to check fuel pressure in the fuel rail. If pressure is ok - than check injection signal with oscilloscope - if missing - than do a clip diagnostic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts