Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my laguna 1 front brakes have started to vibrate and get very hot(on 1 side) i have stripped them down and the caliper and guides pins are free , but i have noticed the inner pad is contacting the inner and outter of the dicc that is where the heat is comming from everything is tight but i have heard some of the pads are offset and are slightly different to each other could it be the case that the inner and outter pads are on the wrong side?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
It does sound as though you have the wrong pads fitted.

There are three or four different types,and some are wider than others.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is only evident on the inner pad though thats what i cant understand i wonder if the inner and outter are slightly diffent?they have been fitted for a while it could be that i have only just noticed it though the near side of the car is fine

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Can you post a picture of the effected pad?

It could be that the see-saw spring on the pad wasn't fitted properly and the pad was sat too far back,but without seeing it's,it just a guess.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Brake pads or discs

When you jack the car up are both sides easy to turn or is one tighter than the other. If its the right pads and they are fitted correctly it could be a sticking caliper piston or worn disc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts