Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be a wise idea to jet wash the filthy engine bay of my Laguna Sport on Saturday.

Mainly for the inner wings and underside of bonnet. Unfortunately now, the thing runs so rough that you can hear the neat fuel in the exhaust popping.

I've taken all the connectors off and looked at them. All appear dry. Not sure what to do now. Mainly under load. Doesn't appear as apparent and on idle as it's intermittant.

Any help would be most appreciative.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Funky - now you've learnt your lesson never ever power or jet wash under the bonnet of any car - the electrics just aren't designed to take it - mate of mine did it to his Fiat Marea and ended up with £1500 bill to fix. Looks like the electrcis have been damaged or are still wet - it's usually the coils that suffer most - clean and ry them using a hairdryer and maybe it may recover otherwise it may require replacing numerous components.

P.S Does your car have an engine undertray or should it be fitted with one.:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has an under tray yes.

The car would drive ok if it wasn't under load. Infact, if I pulled away really really slowly, then it would not missfire half as much and sometimes not at all. On idle it would only do it intermitantly.

Unfortunately, now it won't start at all. So have called out the AA.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All sorted now. Car's running 100%. Just a lot of water down in the spark plug tubes. Just had to take the coilpacks off, plugs out, turn the engine, dry everything off and refit.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Funky - glad to hear you got sorted - looks like you were lucky this time - the renault electronics can be very fickle at the best of times - remember no more power hosing under the bonnet.:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was. Well, the engine bay's clean now. So not going to do it again in a hurry! LOL

Strange as I did my 17 year old 300zx and it was fine..hehe ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fortunately, 300s have their ECU under the PAX footwell. Had no idea the Laguna has its in its nearside wing! I was worried that was what had happened after I'd had a quick rummage around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts