Independent Renault Forums banner

Laguna 1 Rear indicator fault

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  madnoel10 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

Can someone suggest a fix for my problem?

I have recently replaced the N/S brake light bulb on my 1999diesel Laguna. Immediately after doing this the indicator bulb on the N/S stopped working, I replaced the bulb with 2 different new bulbs and it still doesnt work.

I checked the wiring and found no power going to the lamp.... My side indicator and front N/S indicator both work but the rear one still doesnt work...

I have traced the cables through the car but cannot find where the connection has failed

Are there any connections I have missed or any reasons I havent thought of? also would it have a bad effect if I bridged the original cable with a new cable from the side indicator?

I cant think what else to check, any help greatly appreciated before I go completely nuts

:crazy:

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi i would also say 1 fuse 2 bulbs or more but just mybe not i would give all those connections another good look at and may be a little scrap with a small screw driver just to give them a good stronge connection again i hope this helps all the best.

#5 ·
The main front to rear lighting loom runs along the left hand side of the car. There's a multi-plug behind the side trim in the passenger footwell, and possibly another one behind the passenger side boot lining. It might be worth checking these areas for signs of corrosion or loose connections.

Though if it happened when you changed another bulb, my money's on damage to the plug or the bulb holder. Is it possible to swap over the left and right bulb holders to test?

Also... possibly stating the obvious here... but have you checked that the new bulbs work in another position? It's unlikely but possible that the replacement bulbs you're using are faulty.

#6 ·
Hi Horatio

Thanks for the info on the front multiplug, I have a sneaking suspicion thats where the trouble lies, the rear multi plug is clean and secure.

I did have the same thoughts about the bulbs and bulb holders so did try them in other locations yesterday and all was well. I ran a tester over the terminals at the plug leading into the bulb holder and got no reading on the indicator terminal ...

I'm down to locating a dodgy connection now, I think. I will definately locate that front multi plug and look there

Wish me luck

#7 ·
Hi Guys

Just a little update : Indicators are now fixed

Thank you to all those who posted replies, The problem was the multiplug in the front passenger footwell. Cleaned, reinstalled and bingo...all working

Just as a side note, I bought a Haynes manual for the Laguna, but the colour coding on the wiring diagram didnt match that in the car in any way shape or form..:crazy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.