Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I recently bought a 2004 Laguna 1.9 DCI (manual) with 120 k on the clock. I just had the clutch replaced and that seems ok since.
However even prior to getting the clutch replaced, there is a kind of vibrating sensation on take off, in particular on hills or grassy surfaces or anywhere that requires extra power to get going. Sometimes it will be noticeable if dropping gear on a hill etc. The dash vibrates a little too during these times. I would imagine that this is not normal and getting going should be smooth taking off from stop. It is mainly first gear, reverse, or when the engine is put under exertion it is more obvious. When I get moving on a long run, the car seems fine. I also had the bottom engine mount replaced. The mechanic I used (not renault says the other ones look reasonable alright. I was just wondering if anyone elase has come across this issue and if so, how they resolved it. I'd really apprecaiate any help or advice. Not 100% sure the mechanic is correct. it has that engine mount problem feeling.

Many thanks, Michael. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I recently bought a 2004 Laguna 1.9 DCI (manual) with 120 k on the clock. I just had the clutch replaced and that seems ok since.
However even prior to getting the clutch replaced, there is a kind of vibrating sensation on take off, in particular on hills or grassy surfaces or anywhere that requires extra power to get going. Sometimes it will be noticeable if dropping gear on a hill etc. The dash vibrates a little too during these times. I would imagine that this is not normal and getting going should be smooth taking off from stop. It is mainly first gear, reverse, or when the engine is put under exertion it is more obvious. When I get moving on a long run, the car seems fine. I also had the bottom engine mount replaced. The mechanic I used (not renault says the other ones look reasonable alright. I was just wondering if anyone elase has come across this issue and if so, how they resolved it. I'd really apprecaiate any help or advice. Not 100% sure the mechanic is correct. it has that engine mount problem feeling.

Many thanks, Michael. :confused:
Hello Mdee,

Could you please let me know if and how you were able to resolve the vibration issue on you Laguna because I have the same type of problem on my Laguna II 1.9dCi....the whole dashboard shakes on take-off(only in gear 1) Just like in your case I have changed all the Engine Seat but the problem is still there.

Many thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts