Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any advise please ,i have a laguna 2002 ide estate, problem ,when i am driving for around half an hour and i stop at light or in traffic my yellow serv light comes on with the electric fault plus the eps light .the the car will not rev above 20 .i then turn of the engine and restart and the fault is cleared and i can drive off yet after another half an hours this problem happens again .can anybody please advise me what the problem is .
regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
po 170 states fuel trim malfunction
po711 states trasmission fluid temperature sensor circuit range/performance
p500 states vehicle speed sensor malfunction undetermined/speed not being read by the speed sensor
this is what the codes roughtly mean .

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello all.
i have the 2.0T on a 2004 plate and i get the same sort of problem.
It only started a few days ago. Driving along, gave it a little bit of the beans going up a slight incline and then the serv light, engine elecs light, and ABS light came on and it went into limp mode.
Got back to my mechanic and he did a reset loads of codes.
From that point on the engine light has been on, and randomly the fault lights all come back on and it goes to limp mode.
But when i turn off, it all resets.
What the bloody hell is going on?
I thought it might be the battery because it was proper dead. Changed that, still does it.
I disconnected the bettery, and gave all the ecu below it a good clean around. Ive wd40'd all the electrical connections i can get to.
Not sure where else to look.
Any ideas anyone?

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
hi
i have had the codes read they are po170,po711,po500 somebody has advised me to change the crank sensor as this could stop the problem what would you advise
As mentioned this engine suffers from problems on the high pressure fuel rail. My exprience is very similar to yours...

IDE Fuel Pressure Regulation

Generic code readers just don't hack it for these special engines - you need the specific Renault diagnostic tools.

A word of warning. If you do change any of the components on the high pressure rail then make sure everything is kept very clean. Even cloth fibres can block injectors or the pressure regulator and you can be worse off.

Ian

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told that the TDC sensors are pretty bullet proof on lagunas. Depending on the manufacturer obviously!
That would answer the question though..... if i have a partial blockage in an injector or two. When the pressure gets up the partial blockage gets picked up by a sensor and *BUMP*...limp mode.
Ill bring it my mechanic tommorow and see what codes are in the system and keep yawl updated.
:bowdown:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.