Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Please go easy on me, I'm a forum virgin. The a/c on my 1.9 dci Laguna tourer has given up the ghost. I've had a wee look and found that the compressor clutch doesn't engage. Has anyone any idea? I found that there was a 12 volt supply onto the clutch(connecter) even when the key isn't in. Is this normal? Unfortunately, I have no wiring diagrams to refer to.

Also, the outside temp sensor is faulty, reading well above what it should (35-45 deg C, 20 deg C outside at the moment). Would this prevent a/c operation and is it easy to change?

There is a full charge of refrigerant courtesy of Kwik Fit, which I didn't have to pay for because the a/c didn't work after they serviced it.

Please help me, I really dont want to take the car back to Renault as I've already had a bad experience with them regarding the tyre pressure sensors. :steam: If you have read all of the above, Thanks for your patience.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I agree with Huwwatkins. To me, there are several things that it could be: To me, it sounds like a pump failure, especially if you're getting a voltage to it but there are a couple of other things to try first.

If yours has climate control, then it will have a humidity/ interior sensor in the rear view mirror housing. All you need to do is to prise off the rear of the housing with a screw driver. You could probably get one out of a scrapper for a fiver. If this isn't working then you have an easy fix. If it is the pump, the good news is that there are plenty about at good money (Try Cit-Ren on ebay) bad news is that you need someone to drain the system in order to fit it.

The outside temperature sensor is an easy fix. it is located in the right hand mirror (Feel for the little bobble at the bottom of the mirror). This has no connector so you'll have to dismantle the mirror and then solder in a new one. Hope this helps.

Lee

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback.

Thelaguna has climate control.

With regards to the fuse, I only checked the one marked a/c (4th from top-right hand side) which was ok.According to the manual which comes with the laguna it is also the fuse for the reverse lights. Does that sound right?

As for the relays, I found seven in a compartment next to the battery, one that was different from the rest, and two groups of three, which I changed without any change.I checked the coil on the single relay which was ok.

As for the pump, if it has failed would there still be an increase in revs when a/c is turned on? This doesn't happen. Plese not the pump.:(

The interior sensor seems ok as the a/c on light turns on and off .

One last question gents. How do I get to the outside temp sensor? I've had a quick look, removing the mirror trim, but couldn't quite get to the sensor due to my sausage like fingers.:eek:

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Locheed - do you have automatic climate control - if so it depends on knowing what the outside temperature is - so as already suggested sort out the outside temp., probe and/or connections first.:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
You need to take out all the internal gubbins of the mirror. Glass etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts