Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. My ABS light is on and my speedometer remains at zero permanently. Also I have to press the clutch in to start the car and my horn is no longer working. all seemed to happen within couple of months but cant be sure if it was all at the same time cos my instrument cluster was knackered and had to get it replaced.does anyone know if the car takes it speed from an ABS sensor or from a gearbox sensor? this would then maybe point me in right direction cos I could be looking at one fault but 2 symptoms. yours faithfully, a very pissed off laguna owner.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I would check all the fuses.....

I think we've had a similar fault reported by another member and it turned out to be a blown fuse.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for the quick response lag, but yes mate checked all fuses and they're fine. still scratching head i'm afraid.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Mmm.....strange one!

I'm no Lag 2 expert I'm afraid,but I'm 99% sure that the speedo will take it's readings from the ABS system.

We do have some Renault Technicians on the forum,so I'd wait and see wether they can help more.:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Our works Lag 2 had a problem with the ABS light coming on, the garage cleaned the ABS sensor which worked for a while then it went again, we had the sensor replaced. No problems, but then the same thing happened on the other side, should have known better and had it replaced, but the garage cleaned the sensor and it worked fine .... for a while then we had to have the sensor replaced!

It sounds like you have more than one problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts