Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can a laguna 2 car key casing be replaced? is it dismantable? mine has got shut in the house door, and cracked all the casing.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Suppose the big question is, does it still open/start the car? If so there are places that repair keycards (I have had mine repaired recently) who may be able to put it in a new (used) casing for you.

Even if it doesn't operate the car it may still be repairable by one of these places, they resoldered the chips/buttons on mine and it is now good as new.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply, still works fine just the case is damaged bad. Seen keys on ebay, just need to know if it can be dismantled to swop internals

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
They are not made to be dismantled, easier for Renault to charge up to £200 for a replacement that way. Repairers carefully cut around the edge to remove the internals then glue it back together. Effective and cheap, most repairers only charge about £25 for a repair

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Another thought, the place that repaired my key (local to me in North London) claims to be able to reprogramme keys to cars, including second hand keys. They offer keys programmed for £85 I think but you have to take the car and all your keys to their shop to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts