Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My until now flawless laguna has developed 2 faults in 1 week.:eek:

1st fault - Handbrake error, this happens when applying the auto brake, and is accompanied by the service light, thing is the handbrake appears to work fine (it holds the car). First time I remember seeing it is after going over a couple of steep speed humps, so maybe something has come loose? a sensor maybe.

2nd fault, happened yesterday - engine cut out, and check injection came up, then car went into limp home mode, had it checked out and found it was a stuck open EGR valve, had this replaced striaght away, and all seems fine now, just wandered if I could expect anymore trouble with this?

Sorry if these have been posted before, I did look around, but could find an answer to my question, so if there is one, could you point me in its direction

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I'm no expert on the subject but if you input 'hand brake' into the [advanced] search facility and search only in titles there are a few electronic hand brake threads covered on the forum. perhaps one of those may point you in the right direction!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Mine seems to be affected by radio waves from those big communications towers.
In one particular area and nowhere else my car reports a handbrake fault that can only be cleared using CLIP, works perfectly until in the vacinity of that area again. Spoke to my garage who are local to the tower and they often have issues with things like immobilisers at their garage because of it.

Just a thought......

·
Premium Member
Laguna III Grand Tourer 2.0dCi Dynamique
164 Posts
Thanks. Anything's possible in the radio jammed world we live in. Im not convinced though. Are you sure the code won't clear itself? All other warnings that popped in the past such as airbag and a few others cleared when their faults were fixed.

:confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
hi mine all worked ok a couple months later all went wrong lucky had calliper replaced under warranty but had to cough up for new hand brake module because hand brake cable started to get sticky wasn't a happy man. hope this helps for guidance.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Thanks. Anything's possible in the radio jammed world we live in. Im not convinced though. Are you sure the code won't clear itself? All other warnings that popped in the past such as airbag and a few others cleared when their faults were fixed.

:confused:
Handbrake fault will never clear on its own, even my local Independent I use can not clear with their Solus diagnostic kit.
Was surprised how many old fault I found once I had CLIP - some went back to 2009!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.