Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

Recently had the drive belt shred and knock the timing out by one tooth. Had it retimed and it drives fine with no problems apart from when idleing the whole car is shaking/vibrating. Its showing about 900rpm. Could this be internal damage as it was fine before this happened, but yet it drives as good as it did before.

Thanks in advance.

richhamilton

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Does the car smoke at all when it's idling?.If any of the valves were damaged then you would have a drop of compression on one or more cylinders and you would notice white smoke.

I must admit,I repaired a 1.9dCi that had jumped a couple teeth and that was fine once the timing belt was replaced + timing reset so I can't see that a one tooth jump would do any internal damage at all.

To me it sounds like the timing is still one tooth out,I would definately have it double checked before you do anything else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Had it checked again and the timing is fine. There is no smoke at all and it drives fine. Just the vibrating of the car when at idle. Was wondering if maybe a mount has gone but seems strange as it was fine before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.