Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help me, these forums are a great source of reading and completely addictive!

My 51-reg Laguna 2 1.9dCi has taken to not switching off when the stop button is pressed. No change in engine tone at all, I can even remove the key and it keeps going.

I've deliberately stalled it to get it to switch off a couple of times and now it seems to have developed a further problem of the radiator fan running at full speed as soon as the key card is fully inserted, and keeps going even after the engine has stalled, I've had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop.

These may well be linked, I don't know.

Two questions then...I've swapped over relays to see if there's a problem...all seem Ok...what about the stop solenoid? I disconnected the wires to it and it still kept going, does this seem correct?

And secondly, if the full-tilt-fan-on-keycard-insertion problem is not related, what could be causing it?

regads, Paul.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like a +12v supply cicuit fault. If there is an intermitant/high resistance fault in one of the injection computer supplies then you will get the symptoms you mentioned. Try checking engine wiring loom around gearbox/battery area for any signs of damage or chaffing. With ignition on try manipulating loom by hand and see if cooling fan comes on. Can sometimes be difficult to pinpoint without stipping loom.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Silverbacksauce.

i've taken it to an auto electrician this morning and it shows the codes

DF060 +12v After Ignition Relay Control Circuit, Unidentified Electrical Fault.

DF006 Front Left-Hand Wheel Valve Sensor, No
Sensor Signal (Note: It's always had the tyre sensor problem)

DF240 Thermoplunger N Active 1 relay circuit, open circuit or short circuit to Earth.

DF176 Fan unit slow speed circuit, open circuit or shortcircuit to earth.

Might that still suggest one of the looms or does it help to narrow the fault (s) down?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, DF060 is an injection computer code sudgesting no after ignition supply. Recheck relays and fuses on fuse board. As this is intermitant I think more of a wiring issue. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts