Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my 2005 laguna 2 initiale climate fan randomly stops. Reading other posts I suspect there is some obstructuon, worn brushes or so. Could anyone who's been there before share how exactly to open up the blower casing for cleaning? Despite using all kinds of prying implements, I can't have it come apart .
Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Phil, thanks for the links. I have no issue getting the blower in or out its slot as these videos illustrate.
I'd like to open up the blower itself to see if I can get it going again by removing crud or renewing brushes and so on.

Best,
Johan

FWIW - I have located replacement units here: https://www.recambioverde.es/ - for those of you who speak spanish, looks like a good source of salvaged equipment.

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,149 Posts
Hello Phil, thanks for the links. I have no issue getting the blower in or out its slot as these videos illustrate.
I'd like to open up the blower itself to see if I can get it going again by removing crud or renewing brushes and so on.

Best,
Johan

FWIW - I have located replacement units here: https://www.recambioverde.es/ - for those of you who speak spanish, looks like a good source of salvaged equipment.
Ok I see now..you actually want to open up the motor..well had a search and can't find anything on that one..but will have a search on "how to open a renault blower fan motor for brush change"

EDIT:- No luck there either

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I've done it but can't remember much. The fault was corroded brush braids- I managed to bridge them with some solder but it didn't last very long.
Around 2:27 in the second vid he takes the end cap off. IIRC you can prise the clips off, remove the cap and get at the motor.

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,149 Posts
I've done it but can't remember much. The fault was corroded brush braids- I managed to bridge them with some solder but it didn't last very long.
Around 2:27 in the second vid he takes the end cap off. IIRC you can prise the clips off, remove the cap and get at the motor.
2.27 (y) ..there it is but doesnt show how to undo any clips..any thoughts..anyone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks - the twist and pull is for getting the assembly out of its housing. The unit itself has two metal clips that can be taken off, and 4 plastic plugs but they won't budge. I'm sure I'm missing something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it open finally! Applied some wd40 to the plugs and the seam between cap and housing, and pried the retaining slots open with a thin screwdriver blade. Didn't want to take apart the motor itself, but with some more wd40 and then contact cleaner got it running again. loads of crap came out. If only I could
get rid of the wd40 smell now...
Thanks for all the contributions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts